The AutoCAD Operator is responsible for the daily design document preparation of commercial, retail, municipal, and various other civil design projects. The underlying focus of the AutoCAD Operator should be providing the most comprehensive and accurate construction documents feasible in the time allocated.
The AutoCAD Operator is expected to operate as part of a team. They are directly accountable to a Project Manager and ultimately accountable to the Practice Area Leader. The AutoCAD Operator is required to maintain strong team relationships by working closely with the Project Manager during the design document preparation phase of the project.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Project Managers
- Senior Project Managers
- Other AutoCAD Operators
- Clerical Staff
The specific responsibilities of the AutoCAD Operator include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform the preparation of civil construction documents in keeping with the firm’s design philosophy. That philosophy is to provide the client not only what is necessary from a permitting standpoint, but also to provide the client with a set of documents which will allow the successful bidder to construct the project efficiently and with minimal changes in scope of work.
- Integration and detailed understanding of multiple key factors should be considered during the course of design.
- The following is brief list of some of the key factors:
- Duplantis Design Group’s drafting standard
- Clarity and accuracy of document
- Sound engineering practice
- Municipal regulations and requirements
- Client dictated design criteria
Duplantis Design Group affords advancement opportunities to all employees in an effort to continue our growth and success. Several of our current Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers started at the firm as AutoCAD Operators. These employees have grown in their duties and responsibilities via exhibiting the characteristics necessary to manage all aspects of a project. These opportunities will continue to be extended to those exhibiting the desired characteristics as the firm continues to grow.
This position requires an associate’s degree. The applicant should have exceptional communication skills, exhibit great attention to detail, be capable of handling multiple projects and be a team player.
Experience in the civil design field is desired as applicable experience will be considered when determining compensation and level of responsibility. However, entry level AutoCAD Operator positions are available to applicants with minimal experience.