DDG has an immediate opening for a CAD Designer / GIS Analyst working in the Covington area to support a growing coastal and water resources practice. Types of projects the successful candidate will be involved with include marsh creation, hydrologic restoration, and watershed analyses. The ideal candidate should have experience, at a minimum in either AutoCAD Civil 3D or ESRI ArcGIS Platform, preferably both. Experience in Design, Engineering and GIS Mapping and Analysis are also preferred. Minimum requirements are an Associate’s Degree or Certificate in Computer Aided Drafting and Design or Geographic Information Systems. Applicant should have good communication skills, exhibit great attention to detail, be capable of handling multiple projects, and be a team player.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist team with CAD drafting needs
- Complete markups/redlines from Engineers and Project Managers
- Create and print GIS maps and other visual presentations
- Prepare drawings from sketches, notes, layouts, details and verbal instructions
- Import and export survey data
- Perform GIS data analyses using geoprocessing tools
- Prepare surfaces, create alignments, profiles and sections, earthwork calculations
- Draw and work with 3D terrain/surfaces for design, exhibit creation and presentations
- Work with Engineers and Project Managers to ensure timely project completion
In-house training available.