Clint Walker joined the DDG team in 2015 as a construction manager. He has experience managing multiple construction projects while staying on budget and on schedule. His responsibilities included but are not limited to: conceptual estimating, preconstruction services, design coordination with engineers, architects and owners, scheduling, permitting, purchasing/buy-out, invoicing, overall job monitoring, conflict resolution, job cost reporting, closeout/turnover and LEED. Here are a few more facts about Mr. Walker:
1. How long have you been with DDG? – I’ve been with DDG for just over a year.
2. What drew you to DDG? – I knew DDG was a well-respected design firm in this area, and that it would be a good opportunity to learn the pre-construction design side of the work. I had been previously doing while working as a Project Manager for a general contractor, and DDG recognized the value of making that connection between design and construction. It was a great opportunity I couldn’t pass up.
3. What is your favorite thing about your role at DDG? – The ability to bridge the communication gap between the engineers in the office and the construction crews in the field. I also travel often, and enjoy being involved in many different projects in different locations, so every day is something new.
4. What values are important to you? – faith, freedom, and family
5. What kind of services do you offer to DDG clients? – Construction management or construction administration can take many forms, and it all depends on the needs of the client and/or the project. The value comes when the client is able to have an advocate as their “eyes and ears” to act in their best interests and overall goals for their project. Services can be as simple as regular jobsite inspections to ensure quality control, or as involved as oversight of budget, schedule, bid qualifications, requests for information, or storm water pollution prevention plan services.