DDG is actively looking to add a Levee and Flood Protection Manager to join our Civil Engineering team at any one of our various DDG Louisiana locations. Applicant must be a dedicated and self-motivated leader with management experience. Applicant should have a minimum of 5 years of experience and be energetic with engineering experience in flood control and levee protection.
- Experience with public meetings, stakeholders, and elected officials
- Technical knowledge regarding all forms of flood protection projects
- Ability to liaison between the client’s needs and public agencies such as CPRA, USACE, levee districts, and parishes
- Ability to support construction activities through the letter of no objection/permit review process.
- Experience with developing plans and specification for levees projects, drainage improvement projects, and capital outlay projects
- Familiarity with operations and maintenance of levees, including inspections, repairs and improvements of levees, pump stations, and sector gates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in regard to project calls and correspondence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or other Water Engineering field required. Master’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering a plus.
- 5 Years of experience in flood control and levee protection.
- Registered Professional Engineer, Louisiana preferred.