DDG is actively looking to a Water Resources Engineer to our growing Baton Rouge office The ideal candidate will have technical interests in riverine and coastal modeling projects. The candidate will be responsible for assisting with projects through conceptual, planning, design and construction phases. Project types typically include hydrologic restoration, stormwater improvement projects, master plans, and flood studies. As an integral team member of the overarching Coastal Business Unit, the candidate will assist with coastal engineering projects. The candidate will also be expected to support and advise other business units including civil engineering, land survey, landscape architecture and architecture. Essential duties include completing technical analyses, coordinating with clients and sub-consultants, supporting senior staff to maintain project schedules and budgets, and produce documents in accordance with project scopes and quality program procedures. Additional duties may include periodic field visits for data collection and construction inspection.
• Efficiently conduct hydrologic analyses and hydraulic analyses.
• Write reports and technical memos.
• Produce graphics, GIS statistics, and multimedia demonstrations of model results.
• Collect and process data adhering to the organization’s database system.
• Assist in FEMA coordination and preparation of supporting documentation.
• Assist in preparation of permit applications.
• Review geotechnical, environmental, and biological reports.
• Plan and design projects following company, construction and regulatory standards.
• Adhere to project objectives, timelines, budgets and standards under the guidance of the Water Resources Lead.
• BS in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or other Water Engineering field required. MS in Civil or Environmental Engineering a plus.
• EI certification with ability to receive professional license within one year.
• 2+ years of previous experience in water resources including design and analysis of storm sewers, watersheds, and/or coastal engineering projects.
• Demonstrated experience in hydrologic/hydraulic modeling using software such as HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM, Hydra Flow, and/or other similar models.
• Experience in ArcGIS, Matlab and/or similar processing platforms.
• Sound background in probability and statistics.
• Must be motivated, ambitious and a team player.
• Must demonstrate excellent verbal, written, presentation, and organization skills.
• Proficient in Python, VBScript or other coding languages preferred.
• Basic knowledge of MS Office and Autodesk Civil 3D.
• Coastal hydrodynamic modeling experience.
• Experience in water quality analyses and sediment transport analyses.
• Must be willing to work in a fast paced, client driven atmosphere in a team setting.
• Preference given to local candidates.