Duplantis Design Group is actively looking to add project management personnel to our growing civil engineering team. The Civil Engineering Assistant Project Manager will provide overall project support and task management assistance to the Project Manager (PM) and Senior Project Manager on individual projects. The Assistant Project Manager shall support project development from preliminary design to development of construction plans to jurisdictional permitting to completion of construction activities. The primary objective of the APM is to perform tasks and assist the PM and SPM in all aspects of a project to advance in knowledge and growth their skill set to a point of managing their own projects. Client coordination and communication to utility providers and municipal agencies will be fundamental characteristics for the prospective Assistant Project Manager.
ACTIVITIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve project objectives by working closely with the Civil AutoCAD Operators, PM and SPM on a daily basis.
- Assist with management of client needs, project scopes, budgets, support personnel, and schedule.
- Maintain communication with Municipalities and Sub-consultants.
- Coordinate with the PM or SPM concerning communication with client representatives and other members of the external project team.
- Respond to client requests with a sense of urgency as coordinated with and directed by the PM.
- Understand and respect the project budget and attempt to avoid over-runs due to inefficiencies.
- Understand that we are a client-driven business and work will be required at times outside of normal business hours.
- The Assistant Project Manager should be constantly learning and implementing lessons learned from previous assignments
- Take initiative to assist the project team with achieving the project objectives and improving the project management processes.
- Typical tasks may include: participation in site evaluations, due diligence activities, assisting with construction support, assist with preparation of design drawings and reports
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering principles, practices, and resources.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and other design, data recording, and analyzation software (Preferred).
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of , bridges, roads, and other related structures.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations related to assigned projects.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be both creative and analytical.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or Associates degree in Civil Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or Similar
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering preferred.
- 0-3+ years of experience with civil engineering projects.
- Path Underway to Professional Licensure. (preferred)
- Experience with local jurisdictional governments related to design criteria and permitting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills regarding project calls and correspondence.
- AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Submit resume our People + Development team via email to email@example.com
- Specific project experiences and responsibilities shall be provided with resume.