Duplantis Design Group is actively looking to add project management personnel to our growing civil engineering team. The Civil Engineering Project Manager is responsible for overall supervision of commercial, industrial, municipal, and various other civil design & permitting projects. The Project Manager’s focus will be providing utmost satisfaction to the client aligning with Duplantis Design Group’s core values. The Project Manager should strive to ensure projects are completed within the allocated schedule and budget provided. The Civil Engineering Project Manager is expected to operate projects with a certain degree of autonomy using staff and resources available within DDG’s offices to provide the client with the highest quality of services. The Project Manager should be familiar with project development from preliminary design to development of construction plans to jurisdictional permitting to completion of construction activities. Experience with Client coordination and communication will be fundamental characteristics for the prospective Project Manager.
ACTIVITIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Efficiently producing site civil engineering and/or land development design plans
- Produce plans including drainage, grading, water, wastewater, signage and marking plans for industrial, commercial site development projects
- Prepare drainage calculations, cut and fill calculations
- Visualize and plan the geographic representation of designs for land development related projects including industrial, commercial, and municipal
- Promote DDG's core values, both internally and externally, and comply with the DDG Company Manual.
- Respect others and work efficiently within the budgetary constraints established for each project.
- Understand and integrate: DDG CAD Standards, clarity and accuracy of documents, and client-dictated design criteria
- Work closely with project team to establish project timelines and designs.
- Review and summarize environmental, wetland, geotechnical, traffic, and other essential reports for design implementation
- Attend meetings with clients and consultants to understand project needs and opportunities, as well as present proposed solutions and design approaches.
- The Project Manager should be constantly learning and implementing lessons learned from previous assignments
- Take initiative to assist the project team with achieving the project objectives and improving the project management processes.
- Provide guidance to the project team and support the next generation of project staff with mentorship and teaching.
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering principles, practices, and resources.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and other design, data recording, and analyzation software (Preferred).
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of , bridges, roads, and other related structures.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations related to assigned projects.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be both creative and analytical.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Path Underway to Professional Licensure 4+ years of civil engineering experience.
- Experience in commercial land development, to include site improvement design, drainage, utilities, grading, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in civil land-based CAD drafting and the latest AutoCAD software, preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication skills and design skills.
- Submit resume to the People + Development team via email to email@example.com
- Specific project experiences and responsibilities shall be provided with resume.