The Civil Engineering Sr Project Manager (Sr PM) is responsible for the overall supervision of commercial, industrial, municipal, and various other and will sometimes be directly responsible for civil design projects. The Sr PM’s focus will be providing utmost satisfaction to the client aligning with DDG’s core values. The Sr PM should strive to ensure projects are completed within the allocated schedule and budget provided. The Sr PM is expected to operate projects with minimal oversight, using staff and resources available within DDG’s offices to provide the client with the highest quality of services. The Sr PM shall oversee project development from preliminary design to development of construction plans to jurisdictional permitting to completion of construction activities. Experience with Client coordination and communication will be fundamental characteristics for this position.
ACTIVITIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the project team daily to achieve project objectives.
- Communicate frequently with representatives for current and potential clients, politicians, municipalities, developers, Chamber of Commerce and contractors, and other external stakeholders.
- Maintain project objectives by providing the APM and PM with staff and allocating resources through team, sharing, and assisting in to keep projects on time and in budget.
- Participate in team meetings to ensure project execution is consistent with DDG core values.
- Establish project budgets and manage team to avoid overruns due to inefficiencies.
- Maintain close communication with clients on a consistent basis.
- Market DDG's services to current and potential clients in keeping with the company’s marketing plan.
- Prepare proposals and contracts for review by the Business Unit Leader.
- Review invoices, amendments/change directives and weekly billing reports with PMs to maintain a project's budgetary obligation.
- Establish the ultimate project completion date and delegate internal scheduling to PMs.
- Enforce the schedules prepared by the PM in alignment with company processes.
- Responsible for timely communication of project opportunities to Business Unit Leader for swift resolution.
- Directly supervises project staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The Senior Project Manager should be constantly learning, implementing lessons learned from previous assignments.
- Take initiative to assist the project team with achieving the project objectives and improving the project management processes.
- Provide guidance to the project team and support the next generation of project staff with mentorship and teaching.
- Thorough understanding of civil engineering principles, practices, and resources.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Civil 3D and other design, data recording, and analyzation software (Preferred).
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of , bridges, roads, and other related structures.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations related to assigned projects.
- Ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be both creative and analytical.
- Detail-oriented and accurate.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Licensure as a professional engineer (PE) required, PE in Civil Engineering preferred.
- Over 8 years of experience required; 10+ years preferred.
- Completion of 20 Projects from concept to completion.
- Experience with local jurisdictional governments related to design criteria and permitting.
- Strong organizational, analytical, communication skills and design skills.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to travel to various project sites.
- Must be able to access and navigate job sites and construction areas.
- Submit resume to the People + Development team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specific project experiences and responsibilities shall be provided with resume.