Under the supervision of a Licensed Surveyor or Senior Survey Technician, the Survey Technician will perform surveying and mapping duties. The Survey Technician will support office and field staff by producing maps, plats, drawings and reports as requested. The Survey Technician will be a champion and leader of our company core values, while maintaining internal and external client satisfaction. The ideal candidate for this position is someone that is excited to be self-directed and is eager to learn and grow his or her career.
ACTIVITIES + RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setting up jobs for drafting and reviewing plats upon completion
- Setting up project field work and providing crews with all the required information necessary to perform the project.
- Importing survey field data and maintaining the existing data in files
- Checking preliminary data and final products to ensure quality control of all data entering the system.
- Inputting deeds and plats required for a project into CAD software for analysis.
- Researching and mapping source documentation, including deeds, correspondence, legal documents, construction plans, and other specific discipline related technical writing.
- Analyzing right-of-way documentation and pipeline alignment sheets
- A thorough understanding/ experience in public right-of-way, private easements, existing utilities such as water, sewer, electric, gas, and other underground and aerial utilities.
- Knowledgeable in city, parish, state, and local municipalities encroachment permits, Traffic Control and specialty permits, easement right away and various environmental permits are highly desired.
- Assemble well-crafted survey reports using excellent measurement, photography, and AutoCAD skills.
- Read and understand project documents.
- Collaborate with the processing team to ensure scope alignment and project quality.
- Provide updates and communicate with project managers and survey teams during the project lifecycle.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-Ability to regularly work outside in all weather conditions including extreme heat and cold, wet, and muddy conditions, and high/precarious places.
- Ability to travel frequently and work overtime including weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift equipment or objects weighing 50 to 75 pounds.
- Associate degree in a survey or drafting and design related field.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D (required) and ArcGIS or ArcMAP – preferred.
- 2+ years of related experience
- Proficient in MS Office; including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills for interfacing with different work groups internally or externally.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-motivated nd self-starter.
- Submit resume to the People + Development team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Specific project experiences and responsibilities shall be provided with resume.